Thank you 2BlueEyes for nominating me for the Liebster Award 🙂
I don’t normally do this kind of thing, but in the spirit of being part of the blogging community, I’ll give it a go 🙂 Also, it was very nice to know that another blogger thought my page was worth reading, so thank you!
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Display the award on you blog – either in post or in a side bar
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, from the blogger who nominated your
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 1,000 followers
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award
Questions from 2blueeyes
5 words to describe yourself.
Loving, caring, anxious, emotional, thinker.
If you could be animal which one would you choose and why?
I would be a bird because it would be so wonderful to fly above everything down here…I’d be a big bird that lives a long time and can fly very high of course, like an eagle or an albatross, not a budgie, nothing against budgies though, they are very cute..
What is one thing you cannot live without?
My husband, if I’m allowed to count him as a thing.
Otherwise, my phone – so I can contact my husband! 🙂
What is the last book you read?
Not Without You by Alan Brogan. Not my typical style of book, but I did enjoy it.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
So many things; a vet, an accountant, a lawyer, an animal trainer….surprisingly ‘housewife’ wasn’t one of them!
What time of day do you write your blog posts?
Any time, just whenever I get some time and inspiration.
What is your goal for your blog?
My goal is to get people to think a little more deeply about things, to maybe see things from a different perspective, and to understand me a little better.
Have you ever had to deal with negative comments in a post?
What is the best memory you have from this year?
Well, we haven’t experienced much of this year yet and most of it has been normal monotonous daily life, but my favourite memories are just an accumulation of little things, like times when my husband and I have spent time together, sitting down reading, playing board games, or having a good conversation.
Do you like to sleep in or get up early?
A bit of both..If there’s something exciting happening then I’ll be eager to get up early and I’ll wake up really quickly. I can’t stay in bed if anyone else in the house is up, but if there’s no reason to get up then why not enjoy the comfort that is bed – one of the best places in the world!
What is your favorite kind of music?
A little bit of most things. I used to listen to music all the time when I was a teenager, but after Mum died, it became one of those things that I lost interest and joy in..so I rarely listen to music now, but if I do it’s most likely to be hymns or country music.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I hate clowns..I’m actually scared of them.
- I love teddy bears. I always want to get teddies and if I buy a teddy for a present for somebody, half the time I end up keeping it. However, I am scared of people dressed up as teddy bears.
- I used to hate chocolate when I was younger, but I loved Easter egg hunts. So, every Easter when I was young, I would find the chocolates and give them back to Mum for her to hide again next year. One year my school friends found the chocolate stash and opened them and found that they had all turned white!
- I have never truly had a favourite colour. Most people think my favourite colour is red, and I do like red very much, but I also like some other colours just as much, if not more. I succumbed to the pressure to have a favourite colour when I was a child and have always used weird logic to pick one. When I was young, my favourite colour was yellow because yellow was the sun, which is the highest thing. Then my next favourite was blue because that was the sky, then green because it is the grass, then red because it is the earth. That was the only way I could think to layer/order colours back then, but when I got older I thought that was silly, so I picked red because it is such a complex colour. It is the colour of both love and hate. Blood is red, but hearts are red, love is red, and death is red. It is such a deep, powerful, emotional colour. That being said, there are a few colours that I like simply they appeal to me.
- I have always disliked clothes shopping at retail stores. I am however addicted to op shops and basically all my clothes come from there – reduce, reuse and recycle, right?
- I am shortsighted. I only found out when I was about 10 when I was getting in trouble for talking in class because I was asking my friends what the teacher was writing on the board.
- I have had to deal with back pain for as long as I can remember. It comes and goes, but about once a year I get it so bad that I can hardly move or do anything for myself.
- After I first met my husband, the thought ran through my head that we would end up married. He, on the other hand, got the impression I was only talking to him until I could find somebody better to talk to!
- I love scarves.
- I collect children’s books and actually love to read them too, especially the old ones by authors like Enid Blyton, and the Trixie Belden series. I just love the innocence in those stories 🙂
- I love to read recipe books.
- Housewife House Life – Another housewife with many interests to share
- Widow Strong – An amazing woman who I think we could all learn a bit from
- L i f e – be IN it! – A courageous lady who is sharing her experiences with bipolar disorder
- Angel Roundtrip – A travel blogger with some interesting photos, stories, and experiences to share
- Lovinglifeandmycamera – a blogger who is just starting out, but who takes some amazing photos and I hope she writes more blogs and shares more of her great shots!
Questions For My Nominees
1. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
2. What is the purpose of your blog?
3. If you could switch lives with somebody else for a week, would you? If so, who would you be and why?
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
5. If you could spend a day with any person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
6. If you had the choice of acquiring one skill without having to actually learn it, what would it be?
7. What subject/issue do you think researchers/scientists/governments should be investing more time, money, and effort into?
8. If you could visit any point in history (before you were born) and change the outcome, what would it be?
9. How do you picture yourself 10 years from now?
10. If you could start your own charity, what cause would you choose?
11. What is the main thing that gives you reason to live and be happy?
I look forward to reading your answers. Have fun and please keep blogging! 🙂